Start your puppy off on the right paw with an extraordinary & unique puppyhood opportunity! Puppy Camp is specially designed for puppies 8 to 16 weeks’ old so that they can receive the positive exposure, socialization & training experience of a lifetime! Your puppy’s early experiences will shape personality & behaviour for life, so don’t wait!
Puppy Camp is:
- A two- to six-week training process when your puppy lives with a certified professional dog trainer as part of her family (husband, two dogs & two cats)
- Proper positive exposure, socialization & training that busy owners just don’t have time for – up to six hours per day!
- Positive training that rewards your puppy for good behaviour – this keeps the training fun & produces long-lasting results
- An investment in your puppy’s future with a big payoff in confidence & great behaviour now & in the years to come
Benefits for puppy owners:
- The bulk of the potty training is done for you!
- Answers the question of “What on Earth do I do with my new puppy while I’m at work?!?!”
- Helps new puppy owners that may be feeling overwhelmed or are simply too busy to manage a new puppy
- Minimizes the likelihood of unwanted behavioural problems later in life – fear, avoidance, and/or aggression
- A fantastic alternative to doggy daycare for young puppies!
There are two Puppy Camp formats available:
- Monday to Friday (no weekends)
- No overnight stays
- Drop off each morning between 7:30am & 9am
- Pick up each evening between 5pm & 6:30pm
- Similar format to doggy daycare
- Monday to Friday (no weekends)
- Puppy stays overnight
- Drop off Monday morning between 7:30am & 9am
- Pick up Friday evening between 5pm & 6:30pm
Current research shows that the primary and most important time for puppy socialization is the first three months of life. During this time puppies should be exposed to as many new people, animals, stimuli, and environments as can be achieved safely and without causing over-stimulation, as per the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior.
Incomplete or improper socialization during this important time can increase the risk of behavioral problems later in life including fear, avoidance, and/or aggression. Behavioral problems are the greatest threat to the owner – dog bond. In fact, behavioral problems are the number one cause of relinquishment to shelters.
For this reason, the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior believes that it should be the standard of care for puppies to receive such socialization before they are fully vaccinated.
Your puppy should be between 8 & 14 weeks’ old upon starting Puppy Camp – the earlier, the better!
Medical requirements to keep your puppy safe:
- First core set of puppy vaccines a minimum of 10 days prior to the first day of Puppy Camp
- Bordetella vaccine (oral or intra-nasal) a minimum of 7 days prior to the first day of Puppy Camp
- A negative fecal test (for parasites)
- Effective & safe socialization & positive exposure to 90+ different sights, sounds, objects, surfaces, places, people & other animals
- Environmental stimulation
- Body handling in preparation for positive veterinary & grooming experiences
- Crate training
- Potty training
- Good manners
- Introduction to basic obedience behaviours – sit, down, stay, leave it, place, kennel
What’s Included in the Cost
- Daily training videos of your puppy
- 60 minutes of intensive training per day, split up into puppy-sized bites
- 60 minutes of on-the-town expedition per day, split up into puppy-sized bites
- Play time with trainer & other Puppy Camp pups
- On-leash neighbourhood walks, morning & afternoon
- Daily lunch time feedings, followed by restful naps
- 60 minute private coaching session on site upon final pick-up to transfer knowledge to puppy owner
- A Puppy Camp package to take home – includes handouts of all the things your puppy has learned
- A copy of the Puppy Start Right: Foundation Training for the Companion Dog book, written by Dr. Kenneth M. Martin & Debbie Martin, a husband & wife veterinarian & trainer team (a $30 value)
- A Doggone Good! Rapid Rewards treat pouch & belt – the Cadillac of treat pouches! (a $30 value)
- A clicker with attached wrist coil (a $4 value)
The cost for Puppy Camp is $1,450 + GST (per 10 day period, Mondays to Fridays). Only $145 per day for peace of mind & a paw up on becoming the best puppy ever!
There is a 30% non-refundable deposit required to reserve your space. 40% of the cost is due on the first day of Puppy Camp, with the final 30% due on the final pick-up.
Don’t wait! Email us now to reserve your space in Puppy Camp – limited spaces available!